There are some "key words" in the Pandora.js, the definition of those words may be different with ordinary users understanding, following explanation to help you better understand.
Process structure definition file
A description file to defines the process structure of the application.
The meaning of application is not very different with the general situation.
Based on require('child_process').fork();
Simply start a Node.js application.
Based on require('cluster');
Create a master / worker model process group based on the cluster module.
A Service implementation followed the standard service start and stop interfaces.
- For example, initialize or stop of a lot of the basic middleware SDK.
- Start or stop the main program of the application.
- A standard object proxy can be created by a service, that can be invoked across the IPC-Hub in other process.
EndPoint is a data aggregation end of every different type, its function is to classify or aggregate the collected data.
Example: there are different EndPoints, such as MetricsEndPoint, used to collect the metrics; HealthEndPoint is used to manage the application health status; ErrorEndPoint is used to collect the error logs.
The client part of the EndPoint, each EndPoint relates to the multiple indicators, which is connected by the IPC.
Each Indicator contains specific data values, such as a specific error, a specific configuration object, and so on.
The actuator has two major functions:
- Disclosing the data to the outside. Expose public services, such as the HTTP Service, the CLI Service.
- Managing the EndPoint objects